Holistic Health Is Only
Part of the Whole...
Eleven Interesting Tidbits
that Will Help You Get to Know Me a Little Better
You know that my greatest passion is holistic health--mine and yours. I want to help you turn your health inside out!
I have felt the grief and the crushing loss of self worth that come with losing a rewarding career because of my own poor health. For years, I fought crippling arthritis pain, along with the anger, fear and hopelessness that anyone who suffers from chronic disease knows all too well. When finally I decided to stop fighting and start thriving, I was able to transform my health and become a triathlete and marathon runner.
Now, here are a few more interesting tidbits:
1. My wife is Cricket Windsong. Cricket is my partner in all things, my best friend, my closest confidant, and my wisest and most valued advisor. (I love you, Cricket!)
2. We live back in the woods near the beautiful town of Sandpoint, Idaho (way up in the panhandle). The water is pure, the air is clear and the scenery is stunning. It's an ideal place for living a holistic health lifestyle. We LOVE it here!
3. Cricket and I both enjoy the great outdoors: hiking, paddling, snowboarding (Cricket is one of those people who uses two long, skinny snowboards, one for each foot.)
4. We have a beautiful and flourishing organic garden.
5. I have a grown son named Matt. He is a professional dog groomer--the best I have ever known. In dog grooming circles, he's known as "the Schnauzer Whisperer." Matt is one of the coolest people I know and I enjoy hanging out with him.
6. Cricket and I have two cats: a sleek black elder named Magick and an outspoken tortoiseshell named Angel. I also have a fun little dog named Radar who lives with Matt. His breed? He's a Oneofakind. (Radar, not Matt.) That's a cross between a Heinz 57 and a pure bred Mongrel. And he's pretty well groomed.
7. I enjoy nature photography. I still even use film sometimes.
8. As doctor chiropractic, I not only adjust humans, but animals as well. I have adjusted dogs, cats, horses, birds, camels...even a python!
9. I have had people ask if I have ever adjusted any celebrities. Yes, but I can't say who. (I have a secret but I can't tell you...)
10. I love trail running barefoot.
11. My favorite place to visit outside the U.S. is Australia. I've been there three times and can't wait to go back!
Return to Dr. Marks Holistic Health home page